Brubaker Arts is a wedding photography company located in Yakima, Washington, serving state wide and internationally. Ligia Brubaker, the owner and founding member, has developed and refined her artistic skills over years of hard work and international studies of canonical fine arts with incredibly talented tutors (private and academic tutoring). She has a solid understanding of canonical arts and her work reflects the highest European standards; these standards have been passed on to her whilst she was studying in Europe and and traveling across the world.
Ligia's photography style is narrative; her prefered visual palette is true to color with warm filters. She practices pictural framing, as if every picture is a true oil painting on canvas. The result of her work is an elegant, bohemian, detailed account of your wedding day with a delicate sense of whimsical mystery.
MEET YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
Ligia was born on 9th November 1984 in Romania, with both Hungarian and Romanian descent and citizenship. After having lived in the UK between 2014-1016, she has established in the US in the autumn of 2016.
Work and ARTwork…
Ligia started working in the artistic field at age 15 as a cartoonist, volunteering to produce and sell caricatures and sketches for the “Ikon” Foundation, Romania (1999-2000). At the same time, she took on the role of chief-editor for her high school magazine, called “Unsuspected Steps” (1999-2002). Whilst studying Architecture Restoration, she took on part time jobs as the opportunities presented themselves: draftsman for architect Mirela Szitar, (August-September 2005), graphic designer for Conicform Ltd. (January – May 2006). After graduating the 3-year Architecture college at the Polytechnic University, she worked full time as an Architect for Modulus Ltd. (August – December 2006) and Andreescu & Gaivoronski Associated Architects Ltd.
She graduated the Faculty of Architecture in 2010 and her Masters in Architectural Ambient and Surface Rehabilitation in 2011.
By age 25 (2011), she has started working on developing a network of architectural and artistic practice, managing her own businesses and volunteering to train on the side young artists and architects.
She is currently owner, manager and restoration architect at Different Life Style Architecture Ltd., based in Romania (since September 2011 – present). She is the manager and arts instructor at Ligia Stafie Watercolours (visual arts and graphic design company based in the United Kingdom – since august 2015), and the director of “Till We Have Faces” Art School International (since February 2016).
– At Framingham Earl Hall, in Norwich, England, UK - 17th – 19th June 2016
– At Woodcock Hill Private Home, Costessy, Norwich, Norfolk - 10th April 2016
– At the HSBC Bank Business Floor Hallway, Norwich, UK – 05 April 2016 – 07 April 2016
– At Maddermarket Theater, in Norwich, UK, “Miniatures of Norfolk” - 1st – 28th February 2016
– At the “Art Opera” Gallery, Timisoara, graphics exhibition entitled “Sequence”, December 24. 2005 – February 2006
– At the Christian Baptist Church “Bethel”, Timisoara, pastel exhibition entitled “Hall of Fake Mirrors” presented Mr. Ionut Olariu, Baptist Minister, 09.11.2004
– At the “Faclia” Christian Center, Cluj City, pastel exhibition entitled “Hall of Fake Mirrors” presented by Mr. Marinel Blaj, Studio Media Art Director, Arad City, 30.10.2004
– At the “Youth House”, Deva City, pastel exhibition entitled “Hall of Fake Mirrors”, presenter Miss Lavinia Sarbu, a founding member of the “Focal Point” Foundation, 16.10.2004
– At the “Agape” Christian Center, Timisoara, pastel exhibition entitled “Hall of Fake Mirrors” presented by Mr. Caunii Marius, leader of the Christian Center, 13.09.2004
– At the Christian Democrate National Peasant Party Headquarters, Timisoara, 2002 exhibition entitled “Prayer For My City – In Memoriam 1989”, presenter, artist Mr. F. Avram (painter and painting teacher)
– At the Christian Democrate National Peasant Party Headquarters, Timisoara, 2002 exhibition entitled “Prayer For My City”, presenter Mr. Ion Caramitru (actor and drama writer, ex- Romanian Minister of Culture)
– At the Revolution Memorial, graphics exhibition: “Earth and Autumn”, 2-16 March 2001, presenter Adriana Lucaciu, courtesy to “CIVIS” Foundation
– At the Festive Hall of “Ion Mincu” Highschool, graphics exhibition entitled “Exhibition” 17-24 May 2000
- At the Willow Gallery, Norwich, United Kingdom – 15.06.2015 – 15.08.2015
- At the Catholic Parish Of Our Lady Of The Annunciation Poringland & Loddon, Norwich, United Kingdom - 17-19 February 2015
- At the Catholic Parish Of Our Lady Of The Annunciation Poringland & Loddon, Norwich, United Kingdom 17-19 February 2016
- At St. Margarets Church of Art, Art of Norvich 42 -13 Dec 2015 - 02 Jan 2016
- At the “Ion Mincu” Highschool, “A Moment For Eminescu” Exhibitons, the 2001 and 2002 Editions
- At the “Vox Domini” Interdenominational Christian Center, at the “Fortissima Verba” Literary Cenacle, April 2001
- At the “Museum of Banat”, “Tribute To Timisoara” Graphics Exhibition, December 15, 2001
- At the Youth House, Timisoara, exhibition organized by the “Laurentiu Ciucur” Foundation, 2001
- At the “Museum of Villages”, Timisoara, 2000
Galleries that have sold (or are currently selling) Ligia’s artworks
- Willow Gallery, Norwich, United Kingdom
- Maddermarket Theatre Art Gallery, Norwich, United Kingdom
- The Upstairs Art Gallery, Beccels, Norfolk, United Kingdom
- Art of Norwich 42, Norwich, United Kingdom
- Art Opera, Timisoara, Romania
Awards and Honors received
- At the National Architecture Biennale, Bucharest, 2013 - Shortlisted for the following projects: “Visitor Centre and Open Air Theatre for Iron Gates National Park on the Danube”, "Incuboxx" - Timisoara Regional Infrastructure of Business and Innovation in ICT Sector, The “Dam House” Hotel
- At The National Architecture Bienalle, Bucharest, 2012, shortlisted for the "Incuboxx" - Timisoara Regional Infrastructure of Business and Innovation in ICT Sector project
– At The Annual Architecture Festival of Timisoara 2011, awarded with a mention (4th place) for the Visitor Centre and Open Air Theatre for Iron Gates National Park on the Danube; co-author
- At The Annual Architecture Festival of Timisoara 2010, shortlisted for the „Florescu Garden-Residence” project; co-author
- At The Annual Architecture Festival of Timisoara in 2009, shortlisted for the following projects: „Archer’s House Covered Terrace” (co-author) and Rehabilitation of the "CORSO" urban interwar assembly (co-author)
– First Prize, National Stage, at the National School Magazine Competition, with the publication “Unexpected Step” (editions published between 2002-2003)
– 2nd Mention – Architecture Olympics, County Level, 2003
– Participation Degree at the “What does freedom mean?” artistic educational contest, organized by the Liberal Party, 09.05.2003
– Participation at the “Still Life” artistic contest, Slovenia, 15. 10. 2002
– First Prize – Architecture Olympics, County Level, 2002
– First Prize at the Artistic Educational Contest: Aggression and Gentleness - 14.12.2000
– Shortlisted for Participation at the “Health – An Outdated Concept?” Artistic Educational Contest - 31.05.2000
– First Mention at the “Educazione Alla Pace, Gemmelagio: Un Gesto di Pace” Artistic Educational Contest - 16.05.1998
– Degree of Participation at the Artistic Design Contest: Eastern Feast - 30.05.1997